Premoeffect - Stroma Premoeffect - Stroma

Awesome composition.

Really soothing. Just a question: how do you get the plucks so perfect at around 0:20 and then 2:50. They're really powerful and well-mastered. Any mastering tips to pass along? Which VSTs did you use or did you make the synths yourself? Congratz on amazing song once again. 5/5, 10/10.

PrEmoEffect responds:

So the beginning minute is all created by one synth patch with multi-functionality. The sound is modulated using a variety of ways: using an amplitude envelope and filter envelope with varying decay and attack, changing the mix between different oscillators, side chaining the pluck with a separate kick whose volume I can control. My EQuing is typically very light to avoid "filtered" sounds since I want my music to sound organic (up to this point at least). Typically, I work with the synths until I am satisfied with the sound. For this sound, I applied (in this order), saturater, compressor, EQ, delay, some reverb, sidechain, post-sidechain reverb (if desired). Hope this helps!

[Fiji] Complexities [Fiji] Complexities

Nice song. "One day, you're going to die . . . ."

Lol. The voice of Gandhi reminded me of History class. Did you get his voice from the movie? And this song is really unique. Nice song, especially the panning effects. I'll take a guess as to the motifs in this song: nonviolence, peace, serenity, meaning of life, fate, death. Incorporates elements of Dubstep and the varied vocals make this song even more unique. I can't use my headphones but from what I hear, the song sounds okay. The drums might be a bit louder and overpower the piano. And as stated, the rain part is like a break; let's you think. Perhaps add a build of drums 3:40 onwards to transition better? Perhaps low-pass bongos playing in the background to bring you back to the beat better. Idk. Good job. I guess I'm repeating myself now.

MrFijiWiji responds:

lol gotta love gandhi. thank you for the review :)
p.s. i agree. i shudve compressed the piano a smidge or too better

-= Amplus =- -= Amplus =-

Nice elements

The melody was really catchy for some reason. Perhaps a little variation in melody in the middle. I liked the climax and the background pads and such. As a side note, what did you use to make the wobbles? VST or program?

P.S. The modulated pad/synth at 1:22 was awesome.

TheBiocide responds:

Thanks dood! I used NI Massive for the wobbles. It's crazy what kinds of sounds you can get from that thing ;)

xKore - Bunch of old stuff xKore - Bunch of old stuff

Awesome stuff

Hopefully some of the songs will be completed. Actually, I was hoping for all of them, but nevermind that.

P.S. Do I get a medal? Make that three!

Words for Alexandra Words for Alexandra

Emotional

Piano goes in depth and matches the vocals really nicely. I am really sorry for your loss. And I don't think that she was just an friend. I think you loved her; she must have been very special. I feel you. The vocals depict such . . . grief. Hope you can recover quickly.

Norato - Judgement Norato - Judgement

Okay song.

The main synth is pretty nice. The bass is good too. Towards the 0:50, there is no buildup. Use filter and automation clips. The mastering isn't so great either. The drums/snare should be lower volume at times. The kick drum should be turned up at times and the snare got too high at times. The intro is okay.

0:15 was a good bass drop. Practice organization. The song went too fast. Build it up. Continue playing around with the sounds and mixer.

And Newground listeners expect every song to be perfect and just rate zero's for fun. Ignore them. Good effort. With practice, you'll get better. The song has potential. Just change around the melodies and master it better.

Norato responds:

ok :) thanks you SO much for you comment :)

{Dj-L} Mysterious Notion {Dj-L} Mysterious Notion

Catchy song.

The second melody is sweet. Perhaps, you could replace the piano with something else, but overall, it's very nice dance track. My favorite part of the song is, probably the bass and drums. In the middle, you could have stuttered the synth or something to wake up the listener. That'd be cool. Still better than I could make :p

Again, the drums and bass were powerful and well mastered. The piano seemed choppy, but that's probably how you wanted it to be.

xKore - Interstate (FULL) xKore - Interstate (FULL)

I love the trance elements.

Perfect mix of bass, trance, and DNB. And the guitar pluck is a great addition. Awesome intro. Catches listener's attention immediately.

Argue Semantics Argue Semantics

Unique and interesting.

THat's what I usually look for in most songs. Great drum percussion and panning, the background click drums are sweet or whatever those are. And I like the minimal wobble dubstep. THe bass is also good. Just wondering at what did you use for the wobble? What VST?

And the experimental 3D room panning, I believe that's what it's called, is pretty nice. And I think the bass could have been a bit lower? Like sub-bass would have made this sound better? Idk... lol, I just love busting out my super cool sub woofers. Great job though.

5/5. 99/100. 10/10. Keep up your uniqueness.

Or4nges responds:

Thanks for the compliments :D They make my day.

And there weren't any wobbles in this song. If you meant the little snippets of sound every now and then around 2:00 that's a sample with a bunch of effects on it lol.

As for the bass, I wanted this to be a song you could just close your eyes and listen to, that's why I didn't really put anything drastic in this. I feel a super-sub bass would kind of draw attention from the rest of the song :P

Thanks for the input though!

The Travel to Polaris (CUT) The Travel to Polaris (CUT)

Love the atmosphere and drums

And what the **** is wrong with the listeners? THis should have at least 4.30 or higher. It's soothing and calm! Possibly re-mastering the song would make this sound even more epic. No flaws as of now. I love the chorus/voices. 5/5.